SHERIDAN VILLAGE COUNCIL
September 8, 2015
The regular meeting of the Sheridan Village Council was called to order at 7:30 P.M. by
President Susan Wyckoff McFarland.
Present: Daryl Bush, Marilyn McDougall, Steve Scott, Curt Sisson and Derek Wagner, Rob Train
Guest: Nick Snyder, Betty Kellenberger, Rick Chapla
Trustee Scott moved to approve the minutes of August 11, 2015 regular meeting with Trustee Bush supporting. All in favor. Motion carried.
Trustee Scott moved to approve the minutes of the August 11, 2015 public hearing with Trustee McDougall supporting. All in favor. Motion carried.
Council reviewed bills for the August 11, 2015 general fund. Motion to approve by Trustee Train, supported by Trustee Scott. All in favor. Motion carried.
Council reviewed bills for the August 11, 2015 wastewater fund. Motion to approve by Trustee Train, supported by Trustee Bush. All in favor. Motion carried.
Motion to approve the August 11, 2015 Treasurer’s Report made by Trustee Bush, supported by Trustee Train. All in favor. Motion carried.
Doug Lane, Village Superintendent, Street Administrator
Montcalm County Road Commission will Chip Seal Sidney/Evergreen and S. Shore later this month weather permitting. If not this month then will do next year.
Ed Lingeman, Assistant Village Superintendent
Addressing a leak in the roof at the community center.
Marilyn Klemm, Village Treasurer
Halloween activities in the village
Betty Kellenberger: Annual Board of Health Report for the county is available online; print copies are available in limited quantities. Animal control received a grant for free puppy adoption-covers the cost.
1. Big L Property update – Purchase agreement has been signed by Big L and the Village, submitted to Title Company.
2. Rick Chapla from The Right Place –Environmental Assessment for CDBG-funded Project has been submitted and the Michigan Strategic Fund will be meeting on September 22, 2015. Will notify the village if on the agenda. Will be setting up a meeting to schedule a pre-bid conference.
3. Website-draft is done, waiting on conference call to finalize and setup training.
4. Washington Street Update:
Meeting on September 9 with Fleis &Vanderbrink, MDOT, Consumers, and Frontier to discuss the re- location of utilities
MDOT reviewed engineering design and made several corrections and clarifications to the design.
Increased cost of project due to several factors: contractor shortage & increased cost in materials and labor. Engineering cost had not been factored into the project.
Project should be ready for January letting.
5. SAW Grant Update: 3rd round of grant recipients will be in October- Village will be in 3rd round.
1. Montcalm County Storm Water Design Criteria Resolution
Motion by Bush to approve Resolution to participate in the Montcalm County Storm Water Design Trustee Scott supported.
Wyckoff McFarland: Aye Bush: Aye Scott: Aye
Wagner: Aye McDougall: Aye Sisson: Aye
2. Casair Lease- reviewed lease drawn up by Tom Wilson, with several additions to be made:
a. CPI – January 1 of every year.
b. $650 monthly rent
c. Responsible for own utilities.
With no further business Trustee Scott moved to adjourn the meeting. Trustee Sisson supported. All ayes. Motion passed.
Meeting adjourned at 8:37 p.m.
Marilyn R. Klemm, Village Treasurer